The Romans began each year by making promises to the god Janus, for whom the month of January is named. Today we continue a version of this tradition by making promises to ourselves. Each of us hopes that the coming year will be better than the last. These promises are a way to shed a “bad” habit and perhaps pick up a new “good” habit.
As part of our annual tradition, the staff at JL Architects took a moment to share their resolutions with you.
- Begin taking the ARE’s…
- To finally put my car that has 215,000 miles on it to rest and purchase something nice & fancy!
- Spend more time with my family, travel to see 3 new places and FINISH the ARE’s!
- To do random acts of kindness whenever possible.
- Run 1050 miles and take better care of my aging body by eating better.
- Seriously study for the ARE’s this time, get a 6-pack, learn how to play “2112” on the guitar, & run a 5k.
- To get a family vacation on the calendar.
- My resolution is more like a “plan”….Keep my bank account high and my weight low; keep the “awesomeness of 2013 going into 2014”